Reading all this stories bring back my days of serving throughout
college. I used to work at a fine dining steakhouse and would get the
craziest questions… here we go…
1. I had an older table that actually tried to tip me with a check!!!
yes, a check. i tried very had to decline it because the check was for
3 dollars and I’m not going to risk having the check bounce and get
slammed with fees. Luckily my other table heard the situation and
jokingly asked if we also accepted food stamps. Thankfully they left
me about a 40% tip.
2. I had a lady ask if our croissants for lunch were real croissants,
“sometimes people shape them to look like croissants but they
3. The standqrd practice was to take an order and then serve the
bread. Nobody will want a salad or soup if they have bread in front of
them. I would love when I would be in the middle of taking the last
person’s order and a person from the table would interrupt and ask if
“I was bringing bread anytime soon.” Yes, I do have special powers and
can be in two places at the same time!
4. We offered a PORK porterhouse. Everybody thought it was a BEEF
porterhouse or they would ask “pork porthouse, what’s that?”
5. I had a really drunk table one time and we had to call the police
because they were assulting other people. When the police arrived the
“grandma” of the group went to punch the police officer. She was
promptly handcuffed. I went to bed that night thinking how she was in
jail. Serves her right.